Friday 11 October 2013

Events: Battle of Ideas 2013: Graphic novels: Literature for the 21st Century?

___________________________________________________________________________













So.Yes. I've been lucky enough to be asked to participate in the 2013 Battle of Ideas ("Two days of high-level, thought-provoking, public debate organised by the Institute of Ideas at the Barbican."). I'm sitting on a panel that will be grappling with the question: "Graphic novels: literature for the 21st century?" (oh boy) which will be happening in the Hammerson Room on Saturday 19 October. It starts at 5.30pm and goes all the way on to 6:45pm (at which point we'll probably have everything all wrapped up in a neat little bow). You can get a full run down of everything here (although gotta say: they do lose points for calling comics a "genre" - but what can you do?): also please try not to laugh at my moody little black and white photo (my girlfriend says it makes me look like an Eastern European hitman: which I have decided to take as a compliment). Tickets are available from here. I'm going to try my best to be both thought-provoking and entertaining but it's very possible that I'll only end up making a tit of myself - obviously the only way to find out is to come along. And yes - needless to say: any support you'd care to give would be graciously received: but if you heckle me then you're off my Christmas card list forever. See you down the front.

....................................................................................................................................................

No comments: